23 abril 2013

Card with Hexagons

Hi Friends,

Few days ago I was checking cards in Pinterest and a friend of mine pinned lots of cards made with hexagons...  that was new for me and I though it was very pretty.. So I decided to give a try!!

First got my hexagon nestabilities and cut many of them with the 2 smallest die cut... got the paper and decided to just put the cuts on the paper first to see how it would look like with the patterns I picked.. well Friends, I tell you.. it is not that easy.. they are like puzzle and cannot just be placed side by side ahahahah

Then decided to check on you tube for a video tutorial so I could watch and learn how to place the cuts... well, I found out I need a template so I could glue the cuts perfectly.. the video I watched is this one, great one by the way!!  Thanks Ashley for making a video!!!

Well, one problem solved but now where I was going to get a hexagon template??  Well, I remembered I had seen a hexagon background for cards on Bird's card site.. She has lots of free templates for Silhouette... Thanks Bird!!!!  So, that way I would get the template and the cuts at the same time...

So I cut the background 3 times, one for each different pattern paper...  and that worked, I placed the template on the top of the brown cardstock, then added glued and the cuts where I wanted them...

It was easy that way and worked perfectly,  take a look at my card:


Isn't pretty? what do you think?  I must confess, I loved the result!! lol lol 
Pattern cardstocks are from Recollections, sentiment is from Fiskars, ink is rich coca from Memento, spellbinders are classic and scalloped ovals, flowers are from wild orchid, rhinestones, ribbon and pin from my stash!

Here are the challenges I'm entering my card:
  1. Lexis creations: lace and/or ribbon (27 Apr)
  2. Love to Scrap: die cut (28 Apr)
  3. Love to Create: bingo = flowers, die cut and ribbon (28 Apr)
  4. Allsorts: a passion of flowers (25 Apr)
  5. Card Makin Mamas: ribbon (25 Apr)
  6. Paper Crafting: use a sentiment (30 Apr)
Thanks for stopping by today!
xx

Vivi


14 comentários:

Ana Papel disse...

Ficou Show!!!! Belo trabalho.
bjs Ana Paula

Márcia Kamano disse...

Lindo Vivi!!
Acho que foi trabalhoso, mas valeu a pena!!! O resultado show!
beijos carinhosos

Ana Yamamoto (Aninha) disse...

Seu cartão ficou lindooooooooooooooooo!!
Agora me empolguei e tb quero fazer um!! rsrsrs
Bjo

KraftyKoolKat disse...

This is a fabulous card. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) disse...

I love the background you got with the hexagons even though it was a lot of work. Very creative! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog

catherine disse...

This is lovely Vivi and thanks for joining us this week over at Allsorts
x catherine

Cherished disse...

Lovely Creation Thanks for joining us at Loves To Scrap.

Blossom Cards disse...

lovely card and I like your back ground thanks for sharing with lexis creations happy crafting to you
Rachel DT

Leslie disse...

This is gorgeous! Lots of TLC went into this one! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Cut It Out" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Gail disse...

Holy moly. This looks fantastic. Totally awesome how you cut out the backgrounds and made this look like a quilt (in my eyes). Love this pattern! Hugs, Gail

BrendaB disse...

Love the soft colors on this, and those hexagona make a fabulous background! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap!

Unknown disse...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
Ruza, LTC Designer

mixamatoasties disse...

This is lovely.

Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

Susan x

Amanda Phillips disse...

Lovely!Thank you for joining us this week over at love to create challenges.
Amanda LTCDT