17 abril 2010

Just Magnolia Challenge - sketch one


Hello All,

Good Evening!!

I was reading the emails of my group in Brazil and a dearest friend sent a link for this technique that is creating your own background with dry embossing.  Oh, I love the idea and I just could not resist to make one right away. You can find the tutorial here.

For the background I got hearts sizzix embossing plate and added cranberry color box ink on it. 

Well, with my own background paper I decided to make a card to join  this week Just Magnolia challenge that is a sketch one.... I absolutely love sketch challenge!!  and the DT samples are awesome, have you seen them??

I used an image of Tilda with Hearts from Magnolia Stamp, not sure you can see but I added a little bit of stickle on few hearts so they would be a little bit sparkling. 

Here is a closer view:

                                                          

Anyway, I colored Tilda with copics ciao, decorate with flowers from wild orchid craft and from magnolia, white silk ribbon and red adhesive rhinestones.

Oval shape was cut with nestabilities on my big shot! and on the edge is the same ink of the background (cranberry color box).

So, please, please, let me know what you think about my card!!  I`m really excited about it!! lol 

Thanks for stopping by today and I wish you all a lovely weekend!!

Hugs,

Vivi

20 comentários:

Regina disse...

Vivi!!! Ficou maravilhoooooooso!!
Amei seu colorido e a Tilda ficou um "denguinho"

Bjs

Regina

Sharon Caudle disse...

Beautiful card, Vivi!!! Love her and your coloring is beautiful! Have a great weekend, hun!
hugs!
Sharon

Barb Hardeman disse...

Awesome card, Vivi! Love that embossed background! Great job on coloring Tilda. She's adorable...hugs...Barb

Jean disse...

Vivi, your card is so beautifully colored and the embossing is so intricate.. simply love it.. shall try it.. probably looks simpler than it really is..
Hugs, Jean

Myrna disse...

Love your card! Awesome details on your papers. It flows so nicely from Tilda to the background papers.

Kathy Gerace disse...

Beautiful card, Vivi! It is amazing how different the same Tilda looks when done in different colors. She is so cute.
Kathy Gerace

Cissy disse...

Hi Vivi! Your card is so very sweet. I love flowers!! Nicely done!!!

~Cissy

Danielle disse...

This is beautiful Vivi! Your embossed background is gorgeous - well done for trying a new technique!
Hugs, Danielle

Patti Jo disse...

Neat background, will have to check it out! Adorable Tilda and love the flowers! Great job Vivi!

Patti Jo disse...
Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.
Unknown disse...

Hi Vivi...love the heart background. It's really pretty...and the perfect background paper for Tilda with an apronful of heartsLove the colors you chose for her dress too...really pretty. Pat Frank (VA)

Julie disse...

very pretty card

Robin disse...

Fabulous job on the background for your card...it is lovely!!! You've chosen such lovely colors for this card!

paola disse...

Lovely card, i really like the embossed background.
smiles
Paola

Bengelmama disse...

Eine Klasse Karte. Super

Nadine

Sheresa disse...

Oh so cute. I absolutely love your work!

Lena disse...

Vivi, adorei, adorei!!! Amei a textura com a Cutlebug.
E a Tilda, linda linda. Parabéns, minha querida!
beijos
Lena

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ disse...

VIVI I SWEAR I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU TODAY LOL!!Then i seen your post on my blog and got a happy surprise lol!!I think YOUR card is super adorable.Love the colors.This maggie is super cute.RubyM:)

cabio's craft corner disse...

My goodness Vivi, your card is totally gorgeous. How sweet is that you used the heart DP with the dry heart embossed. Very cute Tilda card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Patricia Garcia disse...

Hello Vivi, beautiful card, love the pretty colors and this Tilda is so adorable!!

Hugs,
Patricia